January 8, 2020
A Better Way to Achieve Your New Year’s Resolutions
When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, experts generally fall into two camps. Some say it’s most effective to declare your commitment publicly. As long as you’re prepared to follow through, having other people know about your goals can help rally support and increase accountability. On the other side of the debate are goal-setting experts who contend that it’s best to keep your plans to yourself: There’s a body of research that indicates that public declarations can be counterproductive, reducing your motivation and odds of success.
Whether you shout your goals to the world on Facebook and Instagram or keep them on the down-low, the Pine Canyon Fitness Center is ready to make your New Year’s exercise resolutions become reality – rather than petering out after a few weeks.
One of the key elements that experts recommend is making goals fun, not a chore to endure. In that respect, Pine Canyon’s lineup of fitness classes is just the ticket:
- Aqua Aerobics is a low-impact, high-energy workout that’s enjoyable as well as a great way to improve your fitness.
- With state-of-the-art bikes, heart-pumping music, and enthusiastic instructors, our Spin classes will get your heart pumping.
- There’s a reason that yoga has been an exercise of choice for 5,000 years, and our classes accommodate anyone from novice to expert.
- Whether you’re trying to gain distance for the golf season or just general fitness, Pilates puts you through the paces to improve core strength, coordination, and balance.
- TRX suspension training was invented by a Navy SEAL, but its unique regimen uses gravity and body weight in a way that’s easily adjusted for any fitness level.
- For Cardio Training, you can count on our instructors to put science on your side, with targeted heart rate workouts that start delivering results quickly.
Not a fan of group exercise? You’re always welcome to work out on your own or to book an appointment with a personal trainer. No matter which route you choose for your fitness goals, the team at Pine Canyon is ready to help you meet them!
Want some additional tips on the research behind resolutions, and how to make them come to fruition? Check out this blog post on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.