February 4, 2020
Looking Back on 2019 at Pine Canyon
January is a time when many of us personally look back on the past year and make resolutions for the coming one. That’s equally true of the Pine Canyon team, as we strive to make our members’ experiences the very best they can be – and to fulfill our vision as one of Arizona’s premier golf communities. Here’s a quick review of some of the year’s many highlights:
- Pine Canyon has experienced growth in many areas and positively impacted property values throughout the Flagstaff community. One of the most notable achievements being the total Sales Transaction amount of $67,828,422.
- Monarch + Maker (previously Tipler Design) set up their full-time design studio at the Coconino Ridge model home, providing a convenient location and process for residents to select finishes.
- Mountain Vista Condominiums gained momentum among homebuyers seeking a luxury lock-and-leave lifestyle – with 3 units sold and 2 currently in escrow.
- Ryan Moore and Aaron Baddeley became Pine Canyon members and partners, serving as high-visibility ambassadors for the club on the PGA Tour.
- Morrish Station neared completion, with the expectation for it to be turned over to club operations in Spring 2020.
- Major bunker renovations were completed: more than 85,000 square feet of freshly edged and reshaped bunkers, including new, blended sand for playability.
- New tee markers feature salvaged railroad metal to pay homage to Flagstaff’s origin as a railroad town and are named after the San Francisco Peaks.
- Director of Golf Jason Sanders was named Golf Professional of the Year at the 2019 Troon Global Leadership Conference.
- The Rifleman tournament sold out within 36 hours, while The Duke and Calamity Jane had an increased field over past years.
- The member trip to Scotland included rounds at six famous courses, tours of distilleries and castles, private dinners, and accommodations at The Old Course Hotel.
- Life in Symmetry events took members on hiking, mountain biking, and paddling adventures in the Northern Arizona wilderness, and provided inspirational speakers at the Clubhouse.
Looking forward to 2020, our overall mission remains the same: creating a Refuge for the Human Spirit. Keep your eye on this blog and the Pine Canyon Facebook and Instagram pages and Pine Canyon Golf Facebook and Instagram pages for details as the year unfolds!